Thursday 6 March 2014

I Love to Read Canadian contest didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I had hoped the students would have read enough books to complete a flag on the bulletin board (in strips). They did have 6 weeks to read and we have over 600 students in the school..... We ended up putting the strips on the board to create the bulletin board and then have the students sign the strips right on the board itself.  It was much more appealing to look at this way and we did have quite a few add their data to the strips after the board was completed.  My volunteers made a great maple leaf in the center of the flag with the strips.  I went to dollar tree and got some hats, gloves and socks with the maple leaf on them for l.25 each.  Students don't need to know how much we paid for them.  We drew 10 names of students to receive their prizes.  I guess I should count the entries before I dispose of them.  Stats are important...... after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment