Sunday 4 January 2015

something new for I love to read

Something new for I Love to Read 2015

While browsing the internet I came upon a website -- 4 pictures 1 word.  I loved this idea so my brain started thinking about how I could incorporate this into our library.

We have many titles of books that are one word titles.  I thought I would choose a title and see what google images were out there that I could put together.  WOW!  it worked.  My co-workers loved the idea.

We will be putting the picture into the daily announcements in February. PLEASE NOTE: All of these are one word book titles in our library.  Most teachers project the announcements so the students can see them. Those that haven't in the past will do so for this. At the end of the announcements the advisor group will try to come up with an answer for each set of pictures.   Each Advisor teacher will have a bookmark upon which they will write the answer that their group comes up with.  At the end of the month each advisor will turn in the completed bookmark.  We will check them and those with correct answers will be put into a draw for popcorn for the advisor group.  For my bulletin board I am thinking of putting a new picture up each day on the bulletin board so I can hear any student discussion for feedback.  Here are a couple samples.  Can you figure out what the titles are?  Scroll down to see the answers.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
answers   1. adrift     2.  Loser
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment